Sunday, November 28, 2010
Tuesday, October 02, 2007
Welcome to Nepal
Welcome to Nepal,
a wonderful land located in Southern Asia, between India and China (Tibet). Its terrain ranges from subtropical jungle to the snowcapped Himalaya, and contains 8 of the world’s 14 highest mountains. The best known and highest of all is Mount Everest (8848m), which lies on the northern border of the country. The world’s third highest mountain, Kanchenjunga, is also in Nepal.
Nepal is a country of amazing extremes, with three distinct regions – Plain, Hill and Mountain; five climate zones – Tropical, Temperate, Cold, Subarctic and Arctic; and five seasons - summer, monsoon, autumn, winter and spring.
The cultural landscape is equally diverse, and the people are very friendly.
What is Trekking?
- Trekking means a journey to be undertaken on foot in areas where motorised transport is generally not available.
- Trekking always refers to walking on trails; it does not entail cross-country scrambling.
- Trekking is not mountaineering but just days of walking.
- Unlike hiking which can be very strenuous, trekking is only for pleasure and exercise, although at times it can certainly challenge one’s fitness.
Trekking routes of central Nepal
1) Ghorepani circuit(Poon Hill), 4-5 days, up to 3210 metres elevation
2)Annapurna panaroma, 7-8 days, 3800 metres
3)Jomsom trek, 10-12 days, 3800 metres
4)Annapurna base camp, 10-12 days, 4130 metres
5)Annapurna circuit, 18-21 days, 5416 metres
6) The Royal treks, 3-4 days, 1730 metres
7) Sikless treks, 5-6 days, 3150 metres
8) Mardi Himal treks, 7-9 days, 4120 metres
In the Mount Everest Region
1)Luckla - everest base camp, 12-15 days, up to 5545 metres elevation
2)Jiri to namche bazeer, 9-11 days, 350metres
3)Tengboche treks, 7 days, 4300 metres
4)Gosain kunda treks, 6 days, 4610 metres
5)Helumbu treks, 6 days, 3500 metres
6)Langtange treks, 7-18 days, 4610 metres
1) Lower Dolpo treks, 16-24 days, up to 3820 metres elevation
2) Upper Dolpo treks, 16-22 days, 5400 metres.
For any further information, don't hesitate to contact me:
Hem Raj Adhikari
Mobile no 00977 9846040895